As I am preparing for my trip to NYC this weekend to attend a startup seminar sponsored by LegalZoom and Corporate Tax Network, I started thinking about everything I have done so far in getting my startup to this point and about what I still need to do or should do. I figured this list would be something worth sharing with other eager Entrepreneurs, and to have for myself. Keep in mind these aren’t necessarily established in a specific order.
- Formulate the big idea!
- Determine my early partners
- Assemble a team
- Seek help from local SBA
- Establish business name
- Form a legal entity
- Get a business EIN from the IRS
- Get the product ready to demo
- Establish a business bank account
- Seek out startup advisors
- Put together some financial numbers to understand profitability
- Begin establishing a social presence
Still on the plate for to-dos
- Identify and work with a beta customer to refine the product
- Define must have legal documents, NDA etc
- Establish marketing plan
- Go to market
- Seek out Angel funding (maybe)
What are your suggestions for additions to this list? I’m keep updating my post as I think or get feedback on things I should add.
Off to get more inspiration!